Location: London or Swindon
Who we are:
Zurich is one of the world's leading financial services groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Through our three core business segments we offer general insurance, life insurance, savings and investment products which provide solutions to individuals, small and medium sized companies and global corporations around the world. Zurich employs circa 60,000 people who serve customers in more than 170 countries, with an aspiration to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees.
Become a senior member of the in-house UK Company Secretariat & Governance Team, taking full responsibility for a portfolio of companies (including regulated entities with Independent Non-Executive Directors), relationship management of UK Executive Members and the delivery of projects, in support of the wider business or team effectiveness. The team comprises seven qualified Chartered Secretaries, a qualified barrister and two administrators.
- Act as Secretary, providing a full company secretarial service to a portfolio of companies, boards, board committees and management committees
- Provide support, advice and training internally and externally in relation to the UK companies
- Support the chairs through the provision of business and commercial insight, ensuring that boards are considering the most appropriate topics
- Contributing as a subject matter expert to business projects and taking responsibility for deliverables as required
- Identification, assessment and implementation of regulatory and legislative changes
- Delivery of ad hoc Corporate Governance projects under the direction of the Head of the UK Company Secretariat & Governance Team
- Provide support for ad hoc technical queries and mentoring / training junior staff
Your skills and experience:
- Either a Chartered Secretary (ACIS or FCIS) or an equivalent level of professional qualification and experience
- Educated to degree level
- Experienced in all aspects of company secretarial work, preferably with experience of working in a highly regulated sector
- Knowledge of Financial Services regulatory requirements would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of underlying legislation and its application to practical situations
- Practical experience of managing projects and delivering change to the business
- Able to manage relationships at all levels of the business to influence the achievement of good board outcomes
- Flexible and adaptable personal style with strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Highly organised and pragmatic
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus performance related bonus and car allowance together with a generous flexible benefits scheme including healthcare, car allowance, bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.