SQL Server DBA - Legal Services
SQL DBA - Legal Services
Role: SQL DBA
Rate: 400-450 per day (GBP)
Length: 3 Months
Nigel Frank International are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading Legal Services client based in central London for an initial 3 month contract.
You will be joining an established Data team providing expert knowledge on database and database server management across multiple areas of the IT Department that currently use SQL Server 2005 through to SQL 2016.
- Proactively identifying issues before they become failures
- Production of regular operational KPIs and metrics on the platform
- Documentation on platform and processes
- Regular progress reporting to line management and identification of risks and issue.
- Ensure change management is handled as per defined process
- Ensure configuration updates are handled as per defined process
- Ensure configuration documentation is created, updated and stored as per defined process
- Operational configuration and support of the firms databases working with other teams and vendors
- The daily management of SQL Server application databases.
- Ability to understand and write TSQL queries and stored procedures.
- Working knowledge of Replication and HA/DR within SQL Server.
- Ability to work with other teams to agree the best strategy for the firms database systems.
- Proven experience in the management of complex SQL Server architecture.
- Work closely with project managers, team leaders, development teams and Architecture teams to keep them updated about the delivery milestone and problems.
- Provide realistic input into estimation and scheduling of both manual and automated implementation of activities
- Ability to proactively performance tune and optimise the firms SQL systems.
- Experience working with SQL Server Report Services and SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Windows Clustering knowledge.
- Working Knowledge of Windows Server 2003 - 2016.
To discuss the role further and apply:
Contact Callum Runnegar-Mundy on , or alternatively email c.runnegar-
Nigel Frank International is a leading global Microsoft recruitment company. We advertise more Microsoft Business Intelligence jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe and we have never had more live requirements and jobs for Microsoft professionals. By specialising solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in the UK and have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.