Relief Extra Care Worker
Creative Support is a non-profit provider of personalised care and support to people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, autism spectrum conditions, and older people. We are recruiting a Relief Extra Care Worker for our Extra Care Service for older people in Slough.
We are looking for a motivated and warm applicant to work in a person-centred way with older people with care and support needs in Slough. Your role will include:
- Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support to older people
- Supporting service users to retain their independence for as long as possible
- Identifying and accessing opportunities with the service users to support them to lead meaningful and fulfilling lifestyles
- Collaborating with service users, families, and involved professionals to provide a consistent and coordinated service that meets the needs of service users
- Working as part of a team and alone in service user homes
- Assisting the line manager with the day-to-day running of the service
Experience of working with older people is essential. You must have a warm personality and be able to work in a person-centred way with older people.
This role is based on a zero hour contract. You will be expected to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.
This position offers the opportunity to work in an environment that challenges and encourages personal and professional development. Creative Support has obtained Investors in People Silver status and you will receive ongoing training regarding the service user group you work with and training regarding changes to the law governing social care.
Applicants must submit a completed Creative Support application form which can be requested or downloaded via the listed methods. You may attach a CV if you wish to support your application but CVs alone will not be accepted. An enhanced DBS check is required, which Creative Support pays for. Creative Support is not a recruitment sourcing agency; all employees are directly employed by us. We do not accept contact from recruitment candidate sourcing/advertising agencies. Upon receipt of your application we will email you a confirmation of receipt. If you do not receive this confirmation email please contact us via telephone or email. Contact information can be found on our company website. Please note applications will be shortlisted as they are received and we may contact you before the closing date to arrange an interview.