Harris Invictus Academy Croydon was opened in September 2014 because of the significant demand in the community for new, high-quality school places. In achieving our aims, we are building on the success of the three other Harris Academies in Croydon. Ofsted calls all three of these schools 'Outstanding'. They are oversubscribed with around seven applications for every place available. The Academy will move into a state-of-the-art, new building in September 2017 with 21st century facilities for all.
We are looking for a confident and capable technician to support our science department, with duties including preparing and clearing resources and materials for science lessons, assisting teaching staff and students and overseeing specialised science teaching and preparation areas.
What we are looking for:
- An excellent team player with a passion for education and working with children and young people
- An energetic, enthusiastic person who is keen to learn
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ideally, experience in a similar role
Why work at Harris Invictus Academy Croydon?
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- The combination of traditional values of discipline and good-manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology
- A central Croydon location, close to transport links and other amenities
- Generous Harris Benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack above, or contact the Academy on .
Salary based on experience + Health Cash Plan + Harris Benefits
For more information about this position and to apply online, please visit our website via the button below.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.