Executive Assistant required to support the COO based near Watford, Hertfordshire. The main purpose of the role is to provide administrative support to the COO and direct reports, acting as representative for COO, proactively managing, prioritising, actioning, eliminating and re-directing all organisational and administrational aspects for the COO.
- Complex diary management- to proactively manage the COO's diary and prioritise/schedule key meetings to ensure obligations met eg Direct Reports 1:1s, weekly finance meetings, etc..
- To provide COO with detailed schedule of activity in advance, particularly when out of the office for prolonged periods of time and ensure supporting papers are available prior to meetings/
- Manage a bring forward' system to ensure COO is provided with relevant documents and is fully prepared prior to all meetings and events.
- Operate and organise electronic and manual filing systems of key business documents for use by the COO and their team.
- Preparing initial draft responses to emails and letters on behalf of the COO for approval. This will involve understanding all aspects of the COO directorate and how the function works.
- Acting as COO's first point of call - pro-actively screening all incoming calls, e-mails and correspondence - prioritising, dealing with, eliminating and re-directing as appropriate.
- Ensure action list kept up to date and undertaken in a timely and positive manner. Dealing with all correspondence and preparing and sending out appropriate replies as necessary.
- To support the COO in preparation of papers and presentations for all Executive meetings (eg Board, Audit), requesting input from the COO department and preparing drafts on their behalf to review and approve.
- To organise and co-ordinate schedules for key activities eg KPIs, annual objectives and performance assessments, ensuring processes meet corporate reporting requirements.
- Organise travel arrangements as necessary for COO and provide a detailed itinerary of any travel plans including contact details of hotels, meetings and emergency contacts ie travel company, taxi etc.
- From time to time undertake some personal business on behalf of the COO, including submission of monthly expenses.
- Assist COO's Direct Reports on an ad hoc basis but only after ensuring the needs of the COO are covered as first priority.
- Liaise with HR to ensure that arrangements for new starters have been followed up for security pass, telephone, mobile and email access and that desk space available.
- Liaise with Executive PA's to ensure resource available to cover COO when away on holiday or business.
- The majority of interactions will be with the Executive Management team. Close working relationships will also be formed with all of the Executives and Directors PA's throughout the business.
- Proven track record as an Executive Assistant supporting to senior level.
- Must possess strong organisational skills.
- Must be adaptable to travel to other office locations.
- Excellent English writing, communication and presentation skills
- Computer literacy - MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to hold gravitas to senior stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a financial UK market leader who invest heavily in their staff and offer great career progression.