JCR Support Worker - Lewes
JCR Support Worker
Job reference: ASC01727
Salary: GBP16,875 - GBP17,891 per annum
Can you make Sandy smile again?
Sandy loves to read the latest news. She loves walking to the shops, speaking to neighbours along the way and having a good natter with the staff at the newsagents. Sadly, following a fall Sandy could no longer pop to the shops to get a newspaper. Then JCR started working with Sandy to help achieve her goal of getting back to the shops. JCR encouraged Sandy to regain her independence, supported her with her rehabilitation exercise programme and personal care. During the short term intensive programme, JCR took the first initial steps to support Sandy but then she gained the confidence and skills to do it for herself.
Now Sandy is back on her feet and getting out, buying the newspaper and reading again. JCR helped put a smile on Sandy's face again - can you help others like Sandy?
Who we need:
We need people who care and want to help people get back to their daily routine. We will provide you with paid training so no experience is needed but you will need to be able to drive. We just want you to come with values that match ours:
- Be caring
- Be good at listening
- Be willing to encourage clients to take achieve the tasks themselves
- Be motivated by seeing client progress
The Joint Community Rehabilitation Service (JCR) is a community service provided by a team of care workers, therapists and nurses. It is a partnership between East Sussex County Council's Adult Social Care and East Sussex Healthcare Trust. The aim of our service is to help people remain in their own homes and stay independent by providing them with a time-limited intensive community rehabilitation programme in their own home. The role involves working shifts which are 7:00am - 1:00pm and 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
What we can offer you:
- Hourly rate from GBP9.37 including weekend working.
- Permanent contract hours 36, 30, 24 or 18.
- Career pathway - many staff progress within JCR. See our leaflet for all the various routes you can take from being a Support Worker.
- Good pension contribution.
- 23 days annual leave plus 2 Christmas Concessionary days and 8 days bank holiday entitlement if full time.
- Fantastic free training opportunities.
- Wellbeing initiatives and discounts.
- Being part of well-respected team with full induction support - you won't work alone until you are ready.
Check out the job description to see the tasks in involved in the job that we can train you in and you can also call us on to find out more about the role.
Our staff have told us that no other job is as rewarding as this one so apply today!
Watch this video to find out what it's like to work as a Support Worker in the Joint Community Rehabilitation Service:
Read our information leaflets below to see what training we provide, the area you can work in and more about the role.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.