Apprentice Hairdressing Assistant
Oliver Cunningham's - based in Cuckfield - are recruiting an Apprentice Hairdressing Assistant. You will join a friendly, busy and professional team who are dedicated to providing a high level of service.
The purpose of the role is to assist the day to day running of salon and work alongside our current assistant to help clean, wash hair, blow-drying, stock and washing up. Also will attend college 1 day a week to advance education within the hair industry. The key tasks will include:
- Keeping the salon looking clean and tidy, as well as the bathroom and colour room
- Watching and learning from stylists
- Washing hair
- Unloading and counting stock
- Attending college one day every two weeks as part of the day release programme
- Folding towels
Working week Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat 10-6 in Salon and Tues at college, 40hrs per week Total hours per week: 40.00 Weekly wage GBP140.00
Expected apprenticeship duration 13 months
Possible start date 18 Oct 2017
Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The essential skills for the role include:
- Great team work
- Confident with clients
- Experience in washing hair, blow-drying and cleaning
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- To be confident, well spoken, creative, eager to learn, industry in the beauty and fashion industry
- Motivated to ask questions and get involved
- Thrive working in a busy work environment
GCSE grade A*-C in Maths and English (or equivalent). Future prospects Become a fully trained hairstylist or colourist to the highest standard and be employed as full-time member of the styling/colouring team.
Things to consider
The benefits available with the apprenticeship include complimentary haircuts and colour appointments. You must be able to reach the Sussex Downs College campus one day per week during term time as part of the programme. The day release can take place at our Eastbourne or Lewes campus. We will be advertising throughout the recruitment process so interviews will be taking place before the closing date.