At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Responsible for delivering English and maths Functional Skills to the Army's Phase 2 Royal Engineer soldiers under instruction at Gibraltar Barracks, Minley.
TQ Education & Training (part of the Pearson Group) is a provider of outsourced training services to the UK Ministry of Defence, other public sector organisations and private companies both in the UK and overseas. This role will support functional skills delivery as part of the Army Phase RE Apprenticeship contract with the MoD.
- Teaching English and Maths Functional Skills, including conducting Initial assessment, diagnostics and administering exams
- Liaise with Regimental Admin Office in the identification, diagnosis and support of learners with additional learning support needs
- Supporting and motivating trainees in their studies
- Undertaking learner reviews, updating Individual learning plans(ILP's) accordingly, documenting progress made and learner journey.
- Undertake other specified duties including course/resource development, tutorial support and associated administrative tasks
- Have available an up-to-date syllabus, schemes of work and lesson plans (showing methods of delivery) for each course/class taught
- Prepare suitable teaching and learning materials for a range of courses/classes and make use of a range of appropriate delivery methodologies
- Maintain accurate records as required of all student assessed work and report progress or otherwise at appropriate course team meetings
- Set, assess and maintain records of all end of unit assessments
- Follow all agreed Quality Assurance Systems and Risk Management systems and comply with all policies and procedures (eg. Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities) and ensure that these policies are followed
- Undertake appropriate staff development activities that support personal development, ensuring your own teaching practice conforms with standards
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Ensuring all Functional Skills requirements of the contract are fulfilled.
- Timely completion of Speaking & Listening Assessment Reports
- Maintaining accurate records for student assessed work, progress reporting, examinations and other administrative requirements
A wide range of internal and external stakeholders including:
- TQ Functional Skills Manager, TQ Quality Manager and Head of MoD WBL
- TQ Functional Skills Coordinator
- TQ Zero Hours Functional Skills Tutors
- TQ Administrative/HR and Finance Staff
- HQ RE
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant teaching and/or training qualification (ie Cert Ed, PGCE, CTLLS, DTLLS)
- Level 2 qualification in Maths and English
- Experience of delivering functional skills (Maths & English) to Level 2
- Ability to embrace and develop practical and innovative delivery models for functional skills outside of classroom delivery models
- Ability to adopt industry specific contextualised functional skills delivery models
- Good ICT skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic team-worker
- Experience of working with the Military or of delivering Functional Skills to soldiers
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills to Level 2 in the workplace
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills to Level 2 using practical delivery models