Senior Internal Auditor - Banking
This diverse multinational banking organisation is a top global player in their 3 key service lines and the market leader in their largest service line. However the audit function is still small enough that you can enjoy significant responsibility and gain the opportunity to make a real difference in a genuinely friendly and team-focused environment. The Audit leadership team really do passionately believe that the function "lives or dies by the team" and has a strong ethos of work/life balance with reasonable hours and the opportunity for flexible/home working - a culture that can be rare to find in financial services. There is a strong track record of progression within the organisation both within the governance function and elsewhere into other functions right across the business.
The EMEA audit team is led from London and this team undertakes a wide range of operational audits across all UK-based lines of business including areas such as asset servicing, corporate trust, markets, ForEx and regulatory as well as some diverse and unusual regional themed "end to end" audits such as conduct risk, CSR, complaint handling and culture. The work is all based in London but the team do also work with other EMEA teams based across Europe on a virtual basis and also with an extended team of subject matter experts in areas such as Risk, Cyber Security, Client Assets/Regulatory and of course with teams focused on IT audit and Project assurance.
As part of the London team you will reporting into Manager/Senior Manager level and will take responsibility for executing a wide range of risk-based operational audits offering you a fantastic learning opportunity and exposure across a wide range of lines of business and different risks.
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be of graduate calibre and either hold or be studying for a relevant qualification eg ACA/ACCA/CIA
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience - either in financial services external audit and looking for your first move into FS or within the internal audit function of a major FS business.
- Have strong all round technical audit skills including a solid understanding of the FS environment and it's risks
- Be a genuine and committed team-player
- Have the ambition and hunger to learn and to grow your career
- Demonstrate good project management skills with an ability to multi-task and deliver on time.
- Have strong relationship building skills across a wide range of internal stakeholders - both within the governance functions and across the wider business
In return this opportunity offers a basic salary of GBP55,000 to GBP65,000 plus bonus, generous pension, PMI and the opportunity for flexible/home working. Please note that you must have eligibility to work within the UK without the need for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity.