Internal Audit Manager - High Growth FTSE 250
This high growth and acquisitive plc is one of the most consistently growing businesses in the FTSE 250.
Their acquisitions are all dynamic entrepreneurial businesses that they tend not to stifle by ensuring that the business offers lots of autonomy post acquisition. They have about 50 operating business units around the World covering the US, Europe and the Far East. Their culture is open and supportive and the HQ is based just outside London (and easily commutable)
Historically the small audit function has been mainly financial audit/compliance and not risk-based with the team following a standard audit plan every couple of years. However, they have recently appointed a new Chairman of the Audit Committee and a brand new Head of Audit to bring the function up to date, develop proper risk based audit plans and move towards more operational audits covering organisational change and acquisition audits with the ultimate goal of delivering audits that add far greater value. The Head of Audit has also taken over responsibility for Risk Management.
Hence this is a very exciting time to be joining the team as it offers real scope to play a key role in re-shaping the function.
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be of graduate calibre with a strong academic background
- Be a qualified ACA/ACCA accountant or similar eg Masters/MBA/CIA
- Have a minimum of 3-4 years experience in risk-based audit, EITHER as an external auditor within a large practice environment OR within the internal audit function of a major international business.
- Show the genuine passion, energy, self motivation and enthusiasm to help drive and shape an embryonic function
- Be confident and have strong communication skills - both written and verbal are essential. A second language (especially French or Chinese) is desirable but not essential
- Have the flexibility to travel for 40%-50% of the time
You must be eligible to work within the UK to be considered for this opportunity. On offer is a salary of up to GBP60,000 plus benefits