Assistant F&B Services manager
Sofitel London Gatwick is an award-winning airport hotel that combines comfort with a convenient location next to the UK's second largest airport.
Connected to North Terminal via a covered walkway and all other South Terminal is a 2 minute mono-rail journey away. Central London is just 30 minutes away, making the Sofitel London Gatwick ideally positioned for business and leisure.
The restaurants and bars showcase fresh international flavours from an all day dining concept, up-scale bars to the 2 AA Rosette English restaurant, La Brassiere.
With 518 guest rooms, 11 meeting rooms, cutting edge technology this luxurious London Gatwick Airport hotel can comfortably host meetings, conferences and events for up to 300 guests.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Food & Beverage Services Manager to join the growing team.
Do you want to be a part of a great company?
When it comes to customer service, creating a truly welcoming environment and combining this with superb facilities for our guests whether travelling on business or leisure, Arora Hotels really do stand out from the crowd.
The Assistant Food & Beverage Services Manager assists the F&B Services Manager in leading the Food & Beverage outlets. This position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and initiatives. This role is responsible for the delivery of products and services which exceed the needs and expectations of our hotel guests and team members.
The Assistant Food & Beverage Services Manager is responsible for working with the F&B Service Manager in continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation and effective cost controls as detailed in the Hotel Business Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Assistant Food & Beverage Services Manager
-Ensure standards are maintained to run a smooth and safe operation
- Service and operations are maintained to satisfy set standards of performance
- Empowered associates can operate with minimal supervision
- Manpower and material resources are effectively managed balancing budgetary and customer service needs
- Effective cash handling and accounting procedures are implemented with continual review and amendments as necessary
- Recruitment is conducted in an effective manner in accordance with company procedures and budgetary guidelines
- Effective communication within areas of responsibility, the department and total hotel is conducted to aid understanding and effective working relationships
- Productive working relationships are established, maintained and enhanced at all levels, conflict is identified and minimised
- Senior management duties are carried out as and when required
- Training needs of department and individuals identified in line with business objectives
- Conducting performance reviews and assessing employee performance
- Training is conducted in line with set standards
- Motivation is maintained through recognition, reward, training and development
Skills & Experience required by the Assistant Food & Beverage Services Manager
- Proven track record in a similar position in Hotel
- Food Hygiene/Health & Safety Certificate
- High service quality standards driven and a 'can do' attitude
- Full understanding of financial aspects of an F&B operation
- Excellent command of the English language
- Fluent working with Micros
- Alcohol license holder
- Experience in working with a brand standard restrictions
Previously hold full P&L responsibility
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to become our Assistant Food & Beverage Services Manager, please click apply now. We'd love to hear from you!