Senior Business Analyst
- Full Time
At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology -and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
About the role
This role represents a unique opportunity to join the team at a pivotal time with global responsibility for data & analytics. This role reports to the Global Director of Management Information and will work extensively with the Procurement team, Technology and Pearson Businesses.
- Manage reporting at various levels of granularity to enable performance tracking and identification of cost improvement opportunities. Reporting areas include Global Procurement and operational Key Performance Indicators
- Work with the MI Director, and other key members of Procurement to define & establish the management information reporting across the including:
- Data sources;
- Cadence of reporting;
- Design of dashboards and ad hoc reports; and,
- Quality standards against which the reports will be measured.
- Liaising with stakeholders / customers of the management information to gather information and commentary, and to publish reports on time and to quality standards.
- Manage reporting plans and coordinate dependencies and interfaces with other functions.
- Ensure timeliness of report generation & accuracy of reporting
- Analytics Support to Programmes & Projects and conduct ad hoc data analysis/manipulation/reporting as required
- Have Fun!
- Timely delivery of MI reports and analytics
- Data and analytics support to Global Procurement projects, as defined through clear project mandates on a project-by-project basis.
Essential qualifications and skills
- Demonstrable statistical and mathematical experience, including the ability to carry out statistical analysis
- Extensive analytical experience, including the design and delivery of dashboards and ad hoc project/ strategic analytical support
- Clear ability to understand the business landscape.
- Inquisitive and questioning, with a keen desire to find other & better ways of analysing business problems.
- Collaborative, commercial, influencing, ability to work within a matrix.
Desirable qualifications and skills
- Degree level education in a numerical subject (or equivalent).
- Specific tool experience, with MS Excel, Tableau, OBIEE or other appropriate analytical tools
- Experience of building SQL reports and queries
- Coding experience, capable of building online analytical tools a plus
- Knowledge of business statistics & business accounting
- Understanding of Procurement management and familiarity of reporting of processes and activities(e.g. RFI, RFP, Strategy, Sourcing, Contracting) desirable
Global Procurement's ability to gain visibility & insight into all Spend Categories and Market Intelligence will improve its performance across the $bns of expenditure.
Finally, Pearson looks for all its' team members to exhibit core values of Courage, Imagination, Accountability and Decency; the global procurement team and this role have a wealth of opportunities to demonstrate these.
Apply now and find out how...