Business and Regulatory Advisory Senior Manager - Asset Management
Who we are looking for
The world of Risk and Regulation has been going through a period of fundamental change - it continues to evolve in a fast moving political and commercial environment as do the businesses it affects. We are working across the financial services sector with our clients dealing with the impacts and adaptations required - join us on the journey and be part of creating a new and relevant financial services industry.
The Asset Management Regulation and Advisory team has significant growth plans to help our clients with their process of change; to achieve this we need to expand our regulatory change capability for asset management, covering both technical and operational aspects. The team is looking for ambitious and dedicated candidates at senior manager level who have gained experience in understanding and implementing regulatory change, both from a technical and operational perspective.
About the role
The volume and pace of regulatory change is increasing and firms are needing greater support in understanding the detail of the requirements and also a practical understanding of how the change will affect their operating models and governance frameworks. We are looking for new talent to play a key role in taking PwC's regulatory offering to clients as we continue to build a team that is known in this market as the premier regulatory consulting team.
As part of PwC's Financial Services Risk and Regulatory Practice, the asset management regulatory team works across the broad spectrum of regulation and works with colleagues from across the PwC network to deliver innovative solutions to clients. The team comprises experts in a number of fields including prudential regulation, conduct risk, compliance and governance and is made up of ex-regulators, compliance professionals, auditors and lawyers. We are looking to add to this already impressive talent pool.
- Leading projects and running work streams on medium and larger engagements - working as part of a project team on client sites and day-to- day liaison with clients
- Taking responsibility for the conduct of reviews and preparation of reports; making oral presentations of findings/recommendations to client management team(s)
- Identifying the impact of forthcoming regulatory change and supporting clients to adapt to the challenges the new regulatory landscape presents.
- Supporting technical analysis and developing an area of specialism where you will become the subject matter expert.
- Identifying and documenting key systems and controls for demonstrating compliance with applicable FCA regulations
- Developing opportunities and winning new business, through marketing and sales activities and continuous client relationship programmes with senior client staff
- Networking with clients, prospective clients and internally across PwC
- People development, mentoring and coaching, including management of client facing teams
- Technical research, responding to consultation papers from relevant regulatory bodies, providing input to the debate on development and application of policy, participating in PwC's Thought Leadership
- Taking responsibility for developing a broader capability with additional talent, as the business allows.
- Knowledge and experience of the asset management sector, including a strong understanding of regulatory processes and procedures.
- Technically proficient in the conduct aspects of the regulatory regime including MiFID, UCITS, AIFMD, SMR and the implications of Brexit on these regulations.
- Detailed understanding of the broader FCA regime and requirements.
- Experience in providing regulatory consulting advice to both established companies and new entrants
- The ability to make new contacts, listen to their needs and interpret this to identify new opportunities to assist them
- Drive and determination to win new work, build our reputation and expand our service offerings to our clients
- General understanding of compliance and governance structures and operations, and industry best practice in compliance
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and organisational skills.
- Strong report writing skills
- Demonstrable experience with the FCA and/or with another regulatory consulting practice would be ideal.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here