Chef de Partie
Sofitel London Gatwick is an award-winning airport hotel that combines comfort with a convenient location next to the UK's second largest airport.
Connected to North Terminal via a covered walkway and all other South Terminal is a 2 minute mono-rail journey away. Central London is just 30 minutes away, making the Sofitel London Gatwick ideally positioned for business and leisure.
The restaurants and bars showcase fresh international flavours from an all day dining concept, up-scale bars to the 2 AA Rosette English restaurant, La Brassiere.
With 518 guest rooms, 11 meeting rooms, cutting edge technology this luxurious London Gatwick Airport hotel can comfortably host meetings, conferences and events for up to 300 guests.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Chef de Partie to join the growing team.
Do you want to be a part of a great company?
When it comes to customer service, creating a truly welcoming environment and combining this with superb facilities for our guests whether travelling on business or leisure, Arora Hotels really do stand out from the crowd.
The Chef de Partie will support the Kitchen Operations including organizing special events, developing new dishes, maintaining food quality standards and comprehensive product knowledge. Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Chef de Partie
- Assist with the planning, ordering or production of food
- Maintenance and cleaning of the kitchen unit in accordance with company standards and statutory regulations
- To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers
- To ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- To cost all menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold
Skills & Experience required by the Chef de Partie
- Experience in a similar role ideally within a Hotel environment
- City & Guilds 706/1or NVQ equivalent Requirements
- Excellent command of the English language
- A positive attitude and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to become our Chef de Partie, please click apply now. We'd love to hear from you!