Senior Account Sales Executive
Senior Sales Account Executive
Our client is an independent research and advisory firm with a global perspective focused on business, technology and regulatory issues and their impact on the financial services industry. The firm was founded by leading industry experts in Banking and Securities & Investments. They bring together a team of business strategy, technology and regulatory experts to deliver comprehensive, timely, and actionable advice to financial institutions and technology vendors.
As an Account Executive, you will strive to manage and grow an assigned list of accounts and bring in new research and consulting business within an assigned territory. You will build new relationships with prospective clients; work with Relationship Managers to help increase client retention; and continuously work to uncover up-sell opportunities within the existing client base. Travel within the territory is required.
The Account Executive is expected to excel in the followings areas:
Achieve the assigned quota by selling research and consulting services to
- financial institutions and technology vendors.
- Develop a realistic revenue forecast in coordination with the Director of Sales.
- Prospect and develop new accounts while maintaining sales and relationships within existing accounts.
- Investigate and understand the internal business processes of potential clients and strategize, present and demonstrate a tailored solution.
- Build relationships with key executives (CEO, COO, CFO, CIO and CMO) and key decision makers within financial institutions and technology providers.
Have the ability to understand a prospect or client's business objectives in order to map an appropriate sales strategy.
What It Takes
The selected candidate will have:
This is a hunter role. The ideal candidate will bring a solid sales background of 5-10 years of outside sales experience and is proven, top-selling producer. Bachelor's Degree along with a commitment to excellence. BS/BA required
- Ideally, the candidate will be based within the assigned sales territory London or other European financial center
- Have a solid understanding of the financial services industry across the banking,
securities & investments, payments, cards, wealth management and insurance lines of business and service offerings for research and consulting.
- Demonstrated history of meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual sales goals and quotas
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work independently and manage own activities to reach stated goals while maintaining detailed records and forecasts
- High level of energy, self-motivation, and a passion for success required
Working knowledge of Microsoft office products, including Word, Excel and Outlook; and must demonstrate general "computer savvy". Familiarity with Salesforce.com helpful.
Our client believes its success depends on the human and professional qualities of its employees. They seek well-rounded, personable individuals that can work both independently with minimal supervision and also excel in a team-oriented environment. This firm has high expectations for the individuals it attracts, and is committed to offering these individuals a professional and rewarding environment. Compensation consists of a base salary along with sales commissions for revenues generated and an annual on-target bonus. This is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should contact our search firm:
Company Description Since first incorporating in 1988 Wallace Associates has been dedicated to helping progressive firms with a priority on people to identify and hire the top talent in their industry. Our primary focus is on the information industry. We specialize and know the business like no one else. Key clients are technology research firms, and other research firms including medical, biotech and consumer research. We work with e- publishers, information aggregators, firms in copyright management, market data companies and software companies whose products manage content.