Registered Nurse - Spinal Ward
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse - Spinal Ward to join their team of staff within the Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week, short shifts, week days and weekends.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered General Nurse
- Current NMC registration
- Experience in an acute care setting
- Current experience with spinal surgical ward
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of quality assurance tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Spinal course training is available for candidates who progress through this role
Duties of this role include:
- To provide a high standard of patient care under the direction of the Ward/Department Sister/Charge Nurse and to supervise junior members of staff
- To be accountable for co-ordinating patient care and the management of delegated areas
- Participates in all aspects of surgical practice including the pre- operative and postoperative care of patients
- Record observations accurately in accordance with the patients' condition, interpret and inform the nurse in charge and MDT of changes in patient's status data and respond as directed
- To be competent in clinical skills including enhanced practice relevant to the clinical area or specialty
- Complete patient documentation correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner
- Develop communication skills in order to convey complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events. This includes expanded role responsibilities, following appropriate training
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for patients and make changes as necessary
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Excellent Salary + Benefits +unsociable hours enhancements
Being the UK's largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.