Capital Structure Analyst
You love the pace of the financial markets. You're always on the pulse with movements relating to financial news.
You're the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying data that inspires news and analysis.
You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join the Capital Structure/ Syndicated Loans team in Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. As a team we're responsible for enhancing and capturing syndicated loan related content and ensuring capital structure accuracy for entities on the Bloomberg Terminal.
The successful applicant will cover the entity capital structure and loans product.
Whether you are researching into the capital structure of entities, sourcing loan market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, we are the team that seek to deliver syndicated loan and capital structure analysis data to the financial world first!
What you can expect from this opportunity?
You will start in the Global Data Training Programme for two-weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. Joining the Global Data Departments means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will develop the product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience in the team grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the syndicated loan market, whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership.
We will trust you to:
- Provide timely analysis and research into the capital structure of entities
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality loan market data for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Initiate new coverage and maintain current relationships with debt market players
- Provide outstanding customer service through our world-renowned client support help desk and directly with clients
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Research & Development to enhance relevant product databases
- Initiate and manage workflow enhancements within the product
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, presentation and networking skills
- Understanding of buy-side and/or sell-side relationships
- Knowledge or interest in the Loans market
- The ability to multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Effective research and analysis skills
- Fluency in English and another European language is desirable
- Proficiency in excel/VBA
- Business level fluency in a second European language, ideally Russian or Spanish
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please make sure you mention VERCIDA when asked on your application how you found out about the role.