As a Barclays Personal Assistant you will provide general office management and administrative duties to three directors within our wealth business. You will organise client meetings, exercising considerable initiative and a high degree of social skills when dealing with a wide range of people. You will adhere to our global client standards: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth and investment management with an extensive international presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Our mission is to set a new standard in wealth management by understanding our clients better than anyone else. In pursuit of this objective, we hire and develop only the best people in the industry. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who seek opportunities for self-improvement and career progression. Our long-term agenda can only be achieved through close collaboration and a shared sense of respect, integrity and excellence.
As a Personal Assistant, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Providing high quality administrative support, including complex diary management, travel booking, processing expenses, tracking holidays and absences and filing all relevant documents
• Organising external client events and internal staff meetings. Liaising with appropriate suppliers and contacts, booking rooms and arranging all other meeting logistics
• Attending client events to ensure smooth running of the event and to network with clients and other attendees and following up with all relevant contacts
• Supporting local and central HR teams, attending Careers Fairs, making arrangements for candidate assessments and resolving queries and issues which impact on day to day work
• Co-ordinating and supporting work experience requests by liaising with HR and other areas as appropriate, particularly in respect of programmes which align with the Barclays Citizenship agenda
• Taking minutes for both internal and external meetings and following up on action points.
As a Personal Assistant, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Highly developed administration and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
• The ability to multitask, whilst working to tight deadlines and maintaining accuracy
• Excellent interpersonal skills, being highly motivated with strong initiative and eing a team player with strong ethic
• General knowledge of Banking and operational procedures, as well as an understanding of Barclays products and services is preferred
• A good academic record and a good working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with extensive experience within senior management administration, preferably within the Financial Services sector
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You'll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.