Purpose of role
The Executive Assistant (EA) will be responsible for diary management, arranging meetings, and telephone contact with internal / external stakeholders. The role will include general office management and administrative duties. The PA will organise projects and client meetings exercising considerable initiative and a high degree of social skills when dealing with diverse range of people.
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you
have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
The role holder will support the Head of the UK Private Bank and his/her central team as required. When colleagues are out of the office then they will provide support to the other MDs/Ds as required. They will collate and circulate meeting papers, research background information as required and ensure that the manager is always in the correct place at the right time with relevant papers. They will prepare agendas, correspondence and presentations in line with deadlines, will work with highly confidential information where discretion and trust are essential and will screen and manage all telephone calls and emails for the manager.
• Management of the regular management meetings
• Diary management for MD/Ds on a daily basis
• Printing materials and loading papers onto board books
• Assist other members of the team with the coordination and logistics of meeting invitations sent from the CEO/COO office
• Booking and reconfirming meeting rooms
• Arranging catering and coordinating AV and dial in facilities for VC's and TP's
• Administration of expenses and approval of expenses for the Directors
• Coverage of other PA workload when necessary
• Seek approval travel and book all elements of travel relating to a trip (flights, hotels, cars) including producing travel itineraries
• Submitting and management of purchase orders and invoices for the team
• Making required SAP changes within OM
• Managing the new joiner process for new team members (technology, building pass, desk etc)
The right candidate will have experience in a pressurised environment and will have strong communication skills and an ability to interact with people at different levels. They will be able to demonstrate an ability to prioritise workload while being proactive and flexible. As a multi-tasker, they will be able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines and have confidence in dealing with senior management. The right candidate will be a strong team player with an excellent attention to detail. The candidate will be proactive, looking for solutions and anticipating needs.
Intermediate/Advanced skills using Microsoft Office, Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook are required.
Academic and professional qualifications
The right candidate will possess an A Level qualification or equivalent and preferably also be qualified to a degree level, or equivalent education.
The successful candidate will have an excellent command of English language with strong written and verbal communications
The right candidate will be a confident self starter and must have an 'all hands on deck' attitude. They must be prepared to go the extra mile when required while displaying and appetite and willingness to learn.