Client Technical Lead
Job Title: Client Technical Lead
Location: Bagshot, Surrey
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is a leading provider of IT Consultancy and Infrastructure services, delivering secure and highly-available solutions that solve business problems. They are currently looking to recruit for a Client Technical Lead who will be based at their office in Bagshot, Surrey. This purpose of this role is to become the Technical Authority for the assigned customer accounts, providing Support for Major Incidents, Problem Management and Change Management for the assigned accounts.
- Work with the Professional Services division to assist with the on boarding of new clients into the operations team, ensuring that the Ops engineers that will deal with the day to day incidents are aware of the customer environment and configuration. Flag any elements of the PTLD process (Project to Live Delivery) that have not been completed by go live.
- Provide an expedited and focused support function for assigned clients during the on-boarding phase of a project or during critical client phases for an existing service, working with internal and external stakeholders where necessary to ensure that the expectations of both external and internal clients are met.
- Once assigned clients are handed over to "Live Operations" assume the role of Technical authority from the Solution Architect.
- Work closely with the assigned Customer Service Manager for the account and wider Operations Teams to ensure the service delivered to the customer meets and where practical exceeds customer expectations.
- Provide support to the Operations team where needed to resolve Major Incidents.
- Provide technical documentation and or training to the Ops team to assist with incident and problem resolution for assigned accounts.
- Own the Problem Management process for the assigned customer accounts ensuring swift progression of problem investigation and escalation where required.
- Contribute to the issue and risk log for the assigned accounts.
- Play an integral role in Change Management for the assigned accounts - approving all Normal/Scheduled RFC's and where appropriate completing complex/significant changes.
- On a regular basis conduct "Healthchecks" on the assigned customer environments to include but not be limited to the below:
- Reviewing VMWare N+1 resilience in place
- Capacity Planning - Disk Space Trends within OS & ESX LUNs
- Capacity Planning CPU/Memory by review of Nimsoft Data
- VDI Estate Health where applicable- Available VDI's, VDI's
- Monitoring - ensure all devices that need monitoring are monitored
- AV - ensure all servers in scope and being reported upon
- Patching Schedules - All devices that should be in patching are and that patching is happening
- Backups - ensure all devices requiring backup are being backed up
- Firewall Health
- IMM for Physical Servers
- SRM Checks
- Review of the DR plan
- Report on a weekly basis to management or sooner any significant issues that occur within the assigned customer accounts.
- Where assigned Technical Specialist role for a product, provide training / overviews to internal stakeholders on your area of expertise to ensure client requirements are captured accurately and the highest level of ongoing support are achieved in the business
- Ensure that any actual or potential security risks or incidents are reported to the Security Manager and support efforts to resolve them where required.
- Build and maintain effective and productive working relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties.
- Use and continue to develop your experience and expertise to help the IT Delivery team add more value and to drive innovation.
- Take part in the Tier 3 On call rota to provide escalated technical support - Frequency not to exceed more than 1 in 3 weeks with optimum being 1 in 4.
Professional / Personal Skills & Expertise:
- Has a track record of delivering success in a similar role within an IT or professional services business.
- Has worked within an IT team of a similar size, which operates to ITIL principles and remains effective when managing multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Has a broad understanding of all the services used and sold by the company and has current Subject Matter Expertise in at least one them including Microsoft Operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, VMware ESX, VMWare VDI, Symantec Enterprise Vault.
- Significant experience of IT delivery, Problem and Change Management both from an operational perspective.
- Understands the purpose and the value of documenting work.
- Highly solution and process focused; organised and has strong attention to detail.
- Strong operational and client focus and is able to balance the two effectively.
- Capable of being highly responsive were required; has a strong sense of urgency and follows through on commitments made.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Client Technical Lead, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, VMware ESX, VMWare VDI, IT Delivery Manager, Technical Specialist, Technical IT Manager, Senior Technical Lead, IT Technical Lead will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Client Technical Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly