Senior Business Development Executive
Title: Senior Business Development Executive
Reports to: Senior Manager, Business Development
Based at: Screenworks, Highbury Grove, London, N5 2ER
Salary: GBP35,000 + commission
Job Purpose: As the Senior Business Development Executive you'll be a pivotal part of the Business Development team to win new key accounts by selling First Mile services to businesses. Act quickly and ensure effective, high-quality responses to existing leads. Responses may be in the form of site visits, proposal writing, and quotes by email.
Convert an existing pipeline of opportunities into new First Mile customers. Attend meetings with a variety of potential customers to discuss First Mile services, understand their drivers for change, and provide bespoke solutions, in order to win new customers.
Manage and own a sales pipeline, setting key forecast dates and estimated value. Keep organised by maintaining own pipeline of opportunities, and setting forecasts for when work will close. Meeting weekly with the Senior Manager to ensure personal sales are on track.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend meetings with potential clients to discuss current services, deduce their drivers for change and gain an understanding of their needs.
- Present/pitch proposals during onsite visits
- To write bespoke proposals and quotes, tailored to each customers' needs.
- Negotiating by phone, email, and in person to close the deal
- Hand over accounts in a timely and detailed manner to the account manager and customer service teams.
- To form and build relationships with potential clients.
- Manage the pipeline of opportunities through Salesforce CRM.
- Understand, support and communicate the key aims of First Mile's business development agenda.
- Work with the Senior Manager, to ensure sales targets for the team are met.
- Contribute to the continuing development of business development tools that support First Mile growth.
Key Skills Required:
- Proven track record in B2B sales with relevant experience.
- Evidence of hitting individual sales target.
- Personable with a good sense of humour.
- Strong interpersonal skills including confidence, positivity, diplomacy and the ability to gain credibility quickly.
- Determined, resilient and self-driven with a focus to succeed.
- Charismatic and persuasive, at ease speaking with potential customers.
- Analytical, quick thinker and effective problem solver.
- Positive and tenacious with the ability to pro-actively drive initiatives forward and motivate resources within the BD team to deliver results
Knowledge & Technical Skills
- Strong IT skills with experience of CRM systems, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities within tight timescales.
- Demonstrable attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Good investigative skills.
- Proven experience working successfully under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work flexibly and adapt quickly.
- Able to successfully close deals with customers.
If interested in this position please click apply and send a copy of your CV over.