CCP Strategy, XVA, Collateral Management - Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Background of CCP Strategy, Governance and Optimization ("CCPSGO")
This team is responsible for managing cleared trading risk and resources across all equity, fixed income and commodity products(cash, listed derivatives, OTC derivatives and securities finance transactions (SFTs)).The team is responsible for monitoring and optimizing the firm's cleared trading positions across a number of resources including capital, funding and liquidity. The team is also responsible for managing the CCP relationships for the firm, including advocating for and structuring new products at the CCP (FX options and swaps, cross-currency swaps, securities lending, etc.), as well as ongoing monitoring of CCP risk management practices including default management. The CCPSGO team also partners with Sales and our key clients around expansion of existing trading businesses into clearing, most notably in SFT clearing in the US, Europe and Asia.
The advertised role is seeking a finance professional (trading/risk management experience) to help optimize and risk manage the Firm's trading risk and resources across the broad spectrum of products and to help develop new cleared products with the CCPs and other peers.
Function / roles and responsibilities:
• Assess risk and margin requirements on new cleared trades
• Devise and execute optimization strategies via clearing house switches, backloading and other strategies
• Provide trading desks across various asset classes (credit, commodities, equities, FX, and rates) with daily initial margin commentary
• Evaluate risk and margin model requirements / deficiencies of existing and upcoming CCP connections
• Engage with the CCPs as the Morgan Stanley point of contact for structuring new products across the product spectrum (Equities, Fixed Income, and Commodities)
• Partner with other groups to prepare for the implementation of and optimization around uncleared margin rules
• Strong technical abilities to understand margin and risk management methodologies
• Structuring skills additive given the scope of the products the group covers as well as the increasing expansion of products to be cleared
• Top class undergraduate degree or equivalent from a leading university.
• Strong verbal and written skills
• A curious, creative mind.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrable passion for the financial markets.
• Proven team player.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-JD2