Job Title: Service Manager
Skill Band: Performance Mgmt
Date Posted: 4 Sep 2017
Lloyd's is the world's leading insurance market providing specialist insurance services in over 200 countries and territories globally. Lloyd's is a society of members, both corporate and individual, who underwrite in syndicates on whose behalf professional underwriters accept risk. The Corporation of Lloyd's oversees and provides services to support the market and promotes Lloyd's around the world.
The Lloyd's name is known and trusted and we have built our reputation on strength, stability and expertise. Backed by excellent financial ratings, the Lloyd's market has consistently explored and tackled the world's most unusual and complex risks from space travel to cyber terrorism. At our heart are our talented people working collaboratively to take our reputation further still.
This is an exciting time; the regulatory environment is in constant flux, with significant initiatives being developed globally and at individual country level. Concurrently Lloyd's is working towards realising its Vision 2025 strategy, to internationalise the market and position it to take advantage of the opportunities presented by the world's developing economies.
The purpose of the role is to plan, improve and run (ad interim) the service management of the capabilities and services being developed by the SDC Programme, into BaU (for the Market and the LM TOM Initiatives).
The role reports into the Programme Lead of SDC, a service which is now live with a Service Desk in place. The service will deliver further scope in 2017 and potentially into 2018.
This roles requires a good balance of business and technical experience in the preparation, improvement and delivery of services to a broad audience of Insurance practitioners
This is a leading as well as a "hands on" role (no underlying service team expected at this stage, with support provided by the various project teams as required and under coordination with the Project Lead)
What Will You Do?
- Improve the Service for the new SDC capabilities (scope, eligibility, service limitations, support available, SLAs, etc) that is a live service
- Improving the operating model for the new service as required. This includes governance, Integration with existing initiatives/functions, implementation of service model implementation and operating level agreements
- Estimate supporting capacity requirements based on roll out plans and use from the different areas involved (business, vendor, other parties)
- Define processes, procedures, and performance metrics required for "run" when the capabilities go live
- Define readiness criteria to ensure that everything is in order to go live from a service management perspective and work closely with the Project Manager to ensure these are met in line with the Plan
Service Run (ad Interim)
- Coordinate and integrate with the project resources to provide the adequate level of service during the interim period (whilst the Project is still responsible for the service)
- Monitor and manage the services once live
- Act as the interface for the business in relation to service performance, improvements required and issues related
- Engage with Market and LM TOM Initiatives users to drive service improvements
- Vendor Management to ensure performance and contractual SLA metrics are met and for continuous improvement
What You'll Need
- Service Management experience in insurance or financial services sector
- Specific experience in preparation of a services and its run is essential Business as well as IT exposure
- Experience in the delivery of a Service for a Data Management capability would be highly desirable
- Proven experience of working in complex Change Programme
- Ability to engage and influence at all levels of seniority internal, external and globally, and build trusted relationships in the business area which the role supports
- Strong communication skills with an ability to translate complex technical speak into non-technical language
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive daily rate.
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile: