Regional Account Manager North East UK
Regional Account Manager
Location: North East UK
The Regional Account Manager will develop commercial relationships with hospital based health-care professionals, opinion leaders and decision makers in order to maximise access to Alexion products within key accounts/hospitals identified in the region.
- Promote the use of Alexion drug for appropriate therapeutic area patients, through providing disease and treatment education, understanding and improving diagnostic practices and development of advocacy amongst healthcare professionals
- Implement Alexion commercial strategy within targeted key accounts/hospitals to achieve commercial goals
- Identify and communicate to Alexion management and cross-functional teams the environment and requirements of the key accounts, including plans and objectives to improve patient outcomes
- Build a solid network of effective and trustful relationships with key accounts/hospitals/decision makers and influencers
- Where required secure access to Alexion drug for all appropriate patients and ensure appropriate utilisation for patients receiving Alexion drug
- Organise promotional meetings in hospitals and regional education/speaker meetings
- Collaborate closely with Alexion colleagues to maximize cross functional approach
- Timely input of information to Customer Relationship Management systems
- Act ethically at all times and according to Alexion policies and procedures and within the PMCPA Code of Practice
- Collect and communicate pharmacovigilance information according to Alexion procedures.
- Proven experience of hospital business, preferably in niche markets/orphan drugs
- Previous experience in key account management would be highly desirable.
- Haematology/ nephrology/oncology background desirable
- A sound medical/scientific background
- Ability to successfully resolve issues
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and events with challenging deadlines.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the UK pharmaceutical regulations and NHS environment
- Strong knowledge of MS office, also of reporting tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable commercial success in a specialist hospital /account Management Role
- A life science degree desirable
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. To learn more about Alexion, please visit or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.
Field, United Kingdom
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion developed and commercializes Soliris?? (eculizumab), the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. As the global leader in complement inhibition, Alexion is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders. Alexion's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, Strensiq?? (asfotase alfa) to treat patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP) and Kanuma??? (sebelipase alfa) to treat patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.