Step Forward Engagement Coordinator
Step Forward Engagement Coordinator
Start date: ASAP
Location: Waterloo, London
The Challenge's vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other's differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website.
About the role
An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available for someone passionate about young people to join the Step Forward Engagement Team. We are looking for an energetic and creative people leader to drive our sales efforts to enrol young people on Step Forward. The role is a fixed-term position which gives you all the tools you need to build a career in the UK not for profit sector.
- To support recruitment and engagement of our young participants for upcoming cohorts primarily through schools and colleges and implement these throughout the year
- Build and foster long standing relationships through phone calls with a wide range of audiences, including young people, teachers and parents
- Exciting and persuading young people to sign up to Step Forward primarily through school assemblies / workshops, phone calls and assessments
- Assist young people and their parents through the sign up process from initial expression of interest to turning up for the programme, primarily through phone calls
- Retention of young people through phone calls prior to each programme
- Working as part of a team towards individual and team targets
- Responsible for lead generation and conversion - increasing the number of people signing up to Step Forward
- Administrative duties to support sales and sign up processes
- Collectively working within the team to work later evening shifts, with varied starting times. The working hours for this role will be 10-6 (with the exception of the later 11-7 working shift)
Candidates would ideally be located in or near these Boroughs:-
Hounslow, Richmond upon Thames, Kingston upon Thames, Wandsworth & Merton
Skills and experience
- Ability to communicate and engage with young people aged 16-20 and their parents/guardians in both group and individual settings
- Ability to adapt presentation style to a varied audience
- A strong work ethic, excellent time management skills and motivated to work towards targets
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workloads and work as part of a team or individually as required
- Experience in using computer applications such as Microsoft Office and email
- Experience of working in a people facing role and establishing relationships
- Interest and enthusiasm in the youth and not for profit sector
- A strong sense of resilience to cope with travelling across London and a high volume of calls
- Sales experience
- Public speaking or telesales experience
- Experience working with 16-20 year olds and/or within the education sector
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time fixed term role until April 2018
- Salary: GBP19,000 per annum
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter by email via the button below; vacancy closes on Thursday 5th October 2017
- Interview process: Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 9 th October 2017