Valuations - Executive - Transaction Advisory Services
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Valuations Executive, you'll help make that happen. You'd be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of around 40 (dedicated across Financial Services) sits at the heart of a global Valuation & Business Modelling network of over 1,550 specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process.
Underpinning everything is our focus on developing a talented team through investment in technical and commercial training and knowledge transfer. Within the team you'd have the opportunity to take on client management responsibilities and have the potential to gain excellent career progression. As part of your role you would work a varied portfolio of Valuations and get involved with the wider team on project work. There would likely be travel in the UK and could require working overseas from time to time.
Your Key Responsibilities
As an Executive within Valuations you're likely to spend your day to day working on commercial issues, performing and reviewing discounted cash flow or dividend discount model valuations, analysing information as well as working on market research and analysis, You'll also interact with clients at different levels, handling client relationships over different project work and work with management on parts of the acquisition process and regularly undertake valuations for fiscal purposes in the UK.
Skills and Attributes for success
- Commercial Acumen - Ability to apply financial accounting, corporate finance, business analysis, and report writing skills in delivering valuation solutions for clients across the banking, insurance, and asset management sectors
- Technical Knowledge - Detailed knowledge of the application of valuation methodologies regarding business entities, equity and debt securities, and intangible assets, including valuation discounts and premiums
- Financial Services expertise - Experience serving clients in the financial services sectors and a deep understanding of the sector business models
- Organisation - Highly organised and able to successfully execute a valuation project from planning to delivery, including managing project economics
To qualify for the role you must have
- Good level of Valuations experience within a Financial Services sector
- Client facing experience, ideally within a Financial Services environment
- Strong evidence of Excel skills within a Valuations environment
Ideally you'll also have
- Professional Services experience, or equivalent
- Wider understanding of Business Modelling and broader technical skills
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- ACA/ACCA or equivalent (first time passes)
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, numerate, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly over model reviews as well as building assignments where required.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.