LGV Class 2 / HIAB Driver
Cat C HIAB Driver Required
About the Role:
We are in urgent need of Cat C Hiab to start with The Best Connection immediately.
This job will be Monday - Friday 07:30 to 17:30 every day with potential to get time and half after 8 hours and you will also need to work every other Saturday.
The deliveries made will mainly be local (Sussex Area), however you may have the odd delivery that will involve you going to other depots.
Before starting your shifts you will get given routes that will show where you need to deliver your supplies.
At the beginnings of each day safety and vehicle checks have to be completed and thoroughly secured loads before setting off.
Always adhere to road safety and traffic regulations; this also involves basic knowledge of EU Driving hours and the completion of tachograph procedures accurately.
Skills and Experience:
- You will need to be supportive of your co-workers when working within a team.
- Communication is highly important in this role as you to be effective in relaying information back from customers to the client and taking orders from the company.
- If you have had previous experience before in the delivery of building materials this will be a benefit, however you will be told every aspect of the job and knowledge on this is not essential beforehand.
- High Vis and safety boots are essential.
- Full UK driving Licence is essential
- Driver's qualification card is essential
- Digital tachocard is essential
- Cat C HIAB Certificate is essential
- HIAB Experience
- Must have 2 Years driving Experience driving commercial vehicles with valid references
- Great rates of pay, starting with GBP10.50 going to GBP15.75 after 8 hours
- 28 days holiday per year including the bank holidays
- This position will be a 16 week temp to perm and after successful completion of 16 weeks you will go perm at the company
If you have any more questions regarding this position please do contact The Best Connection in Worthing to discuss this with our driving consultant Ashley Howard and Lauren Miller.