We have a clear focus on delivering outcome-orientated investment. Understanding the needs of our clients and crafting the right investment solutions for them requires talented, ambitious professionals to be part of the drive to take forward our business.
Our 230 people work with institutional pension funds, insurers and retail investors to tailor investments and manage the associated risks. In total, we manage GBP28bn of assets, including notional, and consult on a further GBP25bn.
Our employees are drawn from a diverse range of specialisms from across the financial services spectrum, their experience spanning entry-level to seasoned executives. Our multi-national, multi-lingual teams have backgrounds as actuaries, fund managers, derivatives traders, investment bankers, accountants, systems developers and in insurance, legal and regulatory fields.
This makes us a firmly established yet enterprising company with a dynamic team ethos, not afraid to exploit the creative freedom to develop new ideas and push the leading edge of award-winning investment thinking.
River and Mercantile Group is listed in the premium segment of the official list of the FCA and traded on the London Stock Exchange.
River and Mercantile Group serves a large client base predominantly in the UK. Our subsidiary companies, P-Solve Investments Limited and River and Mercantile Asset Management LLP are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
This role will be working under the River and Mercantile Asset Management LLP entity.
Overview of the role
An exciting and varied role for an exceptional individual working as an Analyst assisting the
portfolio managers on the Equity Investment Team and performing bottom-up stock analysis. This is a graduate entry position.
- A generalist role so the individual will be required to do a range of tasks for the PMs.
- Perform fundamental analysis and make investment recommendations with an emphasis
- on bottom-up research. Analysis will focus on business potential (profit and cash growth,
- return on capital), valuation (how cheap or expensive a stock is) and timing (consensus
- earnings forecasts, share price and earnings momentum).
- Investment ideas for research will be directed by fund managers, utilising the MoneyPenny
- Quantitative screen as the primary idea generation tool.
- Building sell side relationships, attending company management meetings and reading
- financial and industry publications.
- Develop knowledge of the investment team's tools and become competent in analysing the output.
- Provide input for the production of regular client reporting updates.
- Complete formal industry exams as required (supported by R&M).
- Ensure compliance with FCA Conduct of Business rules in all aspects of client portfolio management.
Knowledge and Experience
Knowledge & experience
- Graduate with 2:1 degree or better from a top tier University
- Demonstrable interest in investment markets or preferably previous work experience in a
- city financial institution
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
- High levels of Numeracy and verbal reasoning
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity
- Works well under pressure.
- Committed, hard-working and dedicated.
- Ability to evaluate systems, processes, and procedures, making recommendations for improvement.
- Adaptable, Personable and flexible.
- Intermediate Excel, Word, PowerPoint presentation and overall technology skill.
- Committed to study for IMC Exam within first 6 months and begin CFA exams within first 2 years.
Remuneration and benefits package:
In addition to offering a competitive salary, this position attracts the following benefits package:
- Basic salary reviewed annually
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive holiday entitlement increasing with tenure, ability to buy extra holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Commitment to personnel development including professional study support to complete appropriate qualifications and in house training.
River and Mercantile Group operate as a meritocracy and, therefore, selection for recruitment is on merit, irrespective of race, colour, age, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. This assumes that the applicants are fit and able to undertake the job. All appointments are subject to the right to work in the UK, satisfactory references; a personnel vetting check; and a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Standard Disclosure Check.
Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an
individual's ability for the safe and effective performance of a job.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to quoting: Analyst,