"The Biggest Publishing Company You've Never Heard Of!" Don't take our word for it. It's how Fast Company described SJR's pioneering role in content marketing. Today with unmatched depth of talent, from strategists to journalists to multimedia creatives, and top clients across consumer, finance, energy, pharma, tech and more, we are the industry leader.
Founded in 2004 and acquired by WPP within the Hill+Knowlton Strategies unit in 2013, SJR has grown rapidly year after year, expanding from New York and Los Angeles to San Francisco, London, Toronto, Mexico City, and Sydney. In just two years, our EMEA office in London has boomed from a staff of one to 23 with several million in revenues and healthy margins, and are expanding our European presence while we also continue to grow in the UK. To do so, we seek a talented individual to direct existing and new accounts to execute against the plans with them and grow them under their leadership.
This full-time position reports to the SJR/Colloquial President EMEA and will be located in the SJR/Colloquial office in Knightsbridge.
About the Company
Group SJR is a digital marketing communications firm of more than 120 strategists, writers, designers, multimedia producers, and developers. Over the last nine years, SJR has grown rapidly across multiple offices including, New York, London, Frankfurt and San Francisco. SJR clients include GE, Barneys, Credit Suisse, Dell, Levi Strauss & Co., EY, Aon, Danone and many more. We are a WPP company.
Colloquial is a joint venture of J. Walter Thompson, the world's best-known communications brand, and Group SJR. It lives at the intersection of advertising, publishing and public relations, with storytelling and creativity at its core.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The ideal candidate will be ready to:
- Lead key client accounts. The candidate will be the ultimate guardian of the client's content output and the process of getting to that. It means they will be both rolling up their sleeves and getting into the detail, while thinking strategically for the client and corralling the appropriate talent within SJR/Colloquial to best serve the client's needs. They also need to monitor and control budgets and critical time paths, and always deliver agreed upon work on time with exemplary client communication.
- "Strategy" means different things to different clients so the candidate must be able to think broadly about what the client specifically needs day-to-day. Often we have to work with clients to help them and their organization understand and adopt this new marketing methodology, so effective communications both verbally and through slides is a must.
- Some of the specifics of the "detail" includes weekly and monthly progress reporting, analytics, development and design projects, content creation, and budget control.
- Regularly bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the client, and push team to do the same.
- Be a part of the building of a fast-growing business, and winning new clients which requires quick strategic development and fast, top-tier deck creation.
- Become a knowledge expert within clients' industries.
- Write and edit communications of all kinds.
- Travel occasionally.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Like challenging the way things are typically done. We don't run "campaigns" but rather are always producing content and tweaking our methods and strategy based on the data we get back, so the usual agency account approach doesn't apply in all tasks here.
- Have a particular interest in the growing field of "content marketing", and ideally experience working with editorial teams/ businesses.
- Have experience in digital marketing (ideally with a bent towards content), working in an agency environment with a track record of great delivery.
- The clients in question are most likely B2B (but may be B2C, and when they are B2B it tends to be "B2B2C") so experience with and passion for business brands matters.
- Are excited by being in a start-up environment, dealing with high growth and significant uncertainty.
- Are intellectually curious, bright, and can bring logical thinking to the table and your work every day.
- Work efficiently and effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Take ownership of assignments and commit to seeing projects through in a timely manner.
- Ready and willing to bring ideas to the table.
- Eager to collaborate no matter what the project or scope.
- Can figure things out that you haven't come across before, and get them done.
SJR was founded to address the greatest challenge and opportunity marketers and communicators face today--audience. How to get it, keep it and build it in a world in which knowledge is the true social currency. As an innovation consultancy specializing in insights, content creation, curation and audience development, SJR works with the world's leading corporations, organizations and institutions to tap, shape and share their unique and invaluable knowledge. Only our custom content creation original, daily and owned--has the power to authentically build brands, explain complex issues and, most important, connect in real-time with the influencers, media and consumers who matter most. SJR is a subsidiary of WPP.